Monday, September 12, 2011

I Heart Faces {Back to School}

I really wanted to enter a photo this week, but when I looked at the pictures I had taken of the boys on their first day of school, I wasn't really excited to enter them. They were your standard, sit-in-front-of-the-house-with-your-backpack-on kind of pictures. Blah. They will be great to remember the day by, but they just didn't scream, "back to school." So, as I scurried around this morning making microwaved pancakes and Eggo waffles, thinking about this week's theme, I grabbed my camera and took this shot. What says "back to school" more than eating microwaved breakfasts at the counter, watching some cartoons as Mom scurries around to gather the backpack, homework, and, oh yeah, it's "bring a stuffed animal to school" day?? Check out more entries at I Heart Faces!



10 comments:

  1. I love it! They have such sweet little faces, and I can so relate to your story (even though we're still a year away from school, lol)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute. You are sure to treasure this photo for many years down the road!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet boys!! GREAT photograph!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. no better way to start school than with a great breakfast and cartoons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful shot of such beautiful boys!! Congrats on being a finalist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!

    I have a new photo blog hop starting Mondays... love to have you!

    http://ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com/2011/09/capturing-beauty.html

    Traci

    ReplyDelete